Wednesday, October 7, 2015

RAIN BARREL - CONSERVE WATER -- SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT




RAIN BARREL - CONSERVE WATER - SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT


When I first saw a rain barrel, it immediatlely interested me. Again another concept where Mother Nature is there for us for the asking. I live in the city limits, so I have metered water and have to pay for it's usage. But even if you are on well water, it still takes electricity to pump that water, so it still SAVES YOU MONEY.


But it also saves our environment. As the pictures will show you the barrel his hooked up to the rain gutter on our shed. When it rains the rain water goes into the barrel. I use this water to water the plants and trees in my yard as well as in my little green house. I also use it to water my vegetable garden in the summer. Just another way of going green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And another way of saving money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment